Brooklyn Automotive High School Description
Good Shepherd Volunteers collaborates with the Sisters of the Good Shepherd to provide full-time volunteers with the opportunity to work in social service ministries and to use their God-given talents serving women, adolescents, and children affected by poverty, violence, and neglect. Developing relationships with the marginalized of our world empowers volunteers to grow in knowledge and faith that inspire them to lead a life of seeking justice.
Our volunteers live in community with one another and strive to learn more about social justice, community, simplicity, and spirituality.
Position: Administrative Assistant, Brooklyn Automotive High School After-School Program, Good Shepherd Services, New York, NY
- Assist with recruitment and registration of students for the after school program
- Develop flyers and marketing materials aimed at youth to encourage afterschool enrollment
- Develop a cohort of youth to assist in promoting the program to peers
- Assist with student outreach for ongoing activities and special events
- Assure all forms and consents are complete and up to date
- Track students’ daily attendance
- Perform Data entry and maintain database for the program
- Assist as requested with tasks related to other GSS programs and events (Crossroads)
- Function as a member of the GSS team at Automotive
- Participate actively in supervision
- Provide written and oral reports as needed
- Employ a strength-based youth development framework in all assigned tasks and work with participants.
- Collaborate fully with GSS and school staff
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Possess flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to multi-task on both administrative projects and direct service/interaction with students on a daily basis
- Ability to take initiative and take on tasks as decided by the supervisor
- Must have direct service experience through work or volunteering
- Must be 21 years of age or older with Bachelors degree.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Publisher and web design programs a plus